You don’t need skills alone to be respected and have professional opportunities…
10 things you can do right now, right here, right now, to differentiate yourself, stand out from the crowd and move up a level in terms of reputation and opportunities:
You’ll have plenty of time to develop your skills throughout your life, but nothing (indeed, no skill) will replace that which costs you nothing, but opens up an enormous number of doors) .
What’s more, the good news is that it’s being lost so much, you’ll have a real advantage:
– The way you behave towards others
– Being on time
– Respect for your commitments
– Walk the talk”: congruence between what you say/do
– Your ability to listen
– Your involvement (applying yourself to your work)
– Eye contact
– Saying “hello” and “thank you”
– Show civic-mindedness (even details like holding a door)
– Being curious and coachable (ability to learn)
If you’re less competent, you’ll still have a better chance of being chosen!
All my recent recruitments and partnerships have been based on the following criteria: attitude, values and the ability to learn…
Your attitude is your choice!