I read over 1500 books the last 15 years to learn these 25 lessons, enjoy this summary :
Top 5 lessons from self-improvements books
- Don’t chase happiness, hapiness comes from : relationships, being present and find meaning in life
- Self-Awareness is the key to be more confident and find your way through life
- Use the principle of least effort to use leverage with your strengths and unfair advantage
- Change your thoughts, change your life
- Let it go ! Detachment is the key to get what you want (paradox)
Top 5 best lessons from business and entrepreneurship books
- Don’t try to find an idea, solve a problem !
- Build a (personal) brand and a reputation
- Know your numbers to focus on what matters
- Use leverage to work on your business and not in your business
- Ask more « who ? » than « how ? »
Top 5 best lessons from time management and productivity books
- Apply the 5 minutes rules : Focus on starting !
- Go deep work and don’t be distracted or interrupted
- Batching time is the best way to work in flow
- Focus on One Thing, learn to prioritize
- Discipline and consistency beat motivation
Top 5 best lessons from money books
- Don’t work for money, work to learn
- Pay yourself first, invest and live below your means
- Invest only in what you understand
- Learn to be disciplined about delayed gratification
- Make money with your talents and then make the money work for you
Top 5 best lessons from relationships and influence books
- Be more interested in others than in trying to be interesting
- LISTEN ! Ask questions !
- Give people what they really wants
- SHOW ! Don’t tell…
- Don’t be in demand and need, be confident !
Want more ?